The 'Casa da Borboleta' (or House of the Butterfly) is a centennial buyilding located on the north of Terceira Island in the parish of Biscoitos near the ocean in the middle of the Protected Landscape of the Vines of Biscoitos. The first known mention of the house dates back to around 1850. It is just 100 meters from the fishing port and a few minutes walk from the natural vulcanic swimming pools of Biscoitos. It underwent complete restoration less than 10 years ago, preserving the old character of the house and the old masonry work very traditional of the island. Inserted on a plot of about 500 square meters, the house has a total area of 200 square meters (2 floors). It is divided into two separate apartments, both with ground floor and first floor, one to the west and the other to the east. Each apartment is a fully independent T2 flat (two bedrooms) with WC and own kitchen. It is therefore suitable for investment in the long-term rental market or holiday / tourism market. It is licensed for the short rental. The House of the Butterfly was thus named for being used by its owner Jose Cupertino Dinis Ormonde in the eighties of the nineteenth century to print the first and only journal ever done on the north of the island. The journal was called 'A Borboleta' (The Butterfly) and was a voice of social criticism especially exposing abuse by the local power and the local priests. The author was later exiled to Graciosa Island never to be allowed to return to his home.